Voice Group, let’s reach these benchmarks this semester!
- Demonstrate proper singing posture (Back straight, shoulders down, relaxed neck and jaw, feet under shoulders, relaxed knees)
- Demonstrate proper breathing techniques (Relaxed neck, jaw and shoulders, breathe deeply without raising shoulders, connect breath to the production of sound)
- Demonstrate the ability to participate in vocal warmups
- Demonstrate ability to produce a clear tone with your voice
- Demonstrate understanding of the difference between chest voice and head voice
- Dynamics – p, mf, f, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding of what a pitch is
- Demonstrate ability to match pitch with another singer (unison)
- Demonstrate ability to hear an interval and echo sing it back
- Demonstrate knowledge of Solfege syllables (do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do)
- Demonstrate ability to sing a major scale with and without solfege
RHYTHM AND MUSICIANSHIP:
- Demonstrate ability to read and sing whole, half, quarter note rhythm’s and rests
- Understand and demonstrate ability to follow basic song structure: (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, tag)
- Name the musical alphabet (A,B,C,D,E,F,G,A,B….)
- Demonstrate ability to sing a round with a group
- Demonstrate understanding of basic vocal vocabulary: (Posture, breath support, vowels, consonants, diction, resonance, tone, pitch, melody, lyrics, verse, chorus, bridge, chest voice, head voice, falsetto, interval)
- Demonstrate ability to sing from memory the lyrics to 3 songs
- Demonstrate ability to sing from memory the melody to 3 songs
- Demonstrate comfort and ability in singing into a standing mic, and adjusting stand properly.
- Perform in at least one seasonal recital.